Organizational strategic planning goes beyond marketing tactics, competitive pricing and colorful packaging. Effective strategies for today’s challenges should focus on the desired destination through a process that identifies and uses the energy, talent, resources and time that are available.
Strategic planning may:
- Identify short and long-term strategies that adapt to ever changing customer needs and organizational goals.
- Prioritizing goals and developing a plan of action that is capable of being conveyed by the entire team.
- Assess organizational acceptance of the plan and ultimate performance by the entire team.
Other Areas of Importance
- Know that customers of today seek organizations that exhibit strong ethics with proven social, community and environmental involvement and responsibility.
- Customers desire a better value or product, more timely and efficient than the competition.
- Strategic plan is ongoing as you continue to re-evaluate customer needs and organizational goals.